9.11.2008

Sept. 10th CHURCH


I'd never been to a church before, even though my university was Catholic.
Of course we had a small church in the campus, but it was not a real one.

Today, my host-mom took me to a church in Washington D.C.
She goes to the church four times a week.
I have no idea which sect does the church belong...but I got to know that my host-mom is a Brazilian-American, because everyone there spoke Portuguese! So it must regard with Brazilian religions.

Mom was surprised when I told her that I knew some Brazilian Portuguese. Also i said I really wanted to go to Brazil someday!
She still loves Brazil although she immigrated to America when she was a child and she owns two houses there.
Mom was mingle. She introduced me to almost everybody there and said "She wants to go to Brazil!" "She wants to go to Brazil!"
You know, she is so nice and cute person!!!!

I sang some anthems (of course I don't know how to sing them but never mind!) and listened to the worship.
Mom gave me a English Bible but the Father and every participant read the Portuguese one, so I couldn't catch where he was reading...that's funny.
Anyway, I was able to enjoy them.
I like to hear Portuguese.



Also, I opened a bank account today.
So....send me money please!!!

6 comments:

  1. Four days a week?
    Nan-ka hen, ka na?

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Bob

    Oh, four times...
    My brain was still japanese!
    Arigatou!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moshi Moshi !
    I mean going to church four times a week is a little odd.
    Your English is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >Bob-
    Honto-!!Yokatta!!
    Yes...I think she said me four times.
    No, three times...?
    But she is not a "strict religious person."
    Maybe it's common in Bazil.
    Let's ask Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ask me? don't worry, I'll answer! It's common here, but not 4 times a week! I think just the father goes to the church like this! I miss you guys, Eris, Bob...

    ReplyDelete
  6. >Thanks Daniel!
    Oh, so she is going church more than average in Brazil. She's gone to the church today as well!
    You must miss everything in OSULA. So do I.
    Saudades...

    ReplyDelete

にほんごコメントもいけまっせ!