4.02.2009

Sakura, Sakura

Sakura-2009-

May I have your imaginations, please?

I was in Kyoto today, and took some pictures of cherry trees. The purpose of going to Kyoto was to see an exhibition of Japanese painter, Toshio Tbuchi. He draws so-called Japanese art pictures, but I have had no idea what exactly Japanese art was. Does it need to contain something from Japan, like old temples or Mt.Fuji? ...No, maybe it doesn't.
After looking at his works, I got to think that our imaginations make the art Japanese. Mr.Tabuchi only used Chinese ink for his paintings and there were no other colors but white and black. ( I would have to say there were many kinds of gray color on his works. ) Even if a painting was titled "Snowy mountains," you couldn't see snow on it, because he didn't draw it properly. But you can firmly feel there are cold snowy mountains, and remember how Japanese winters are severe and beautiful during the snow seasons.

It goes without saying, his art inspired today's my photo trend (!)a lot.
I took this cherry's picture, but you have to awake your image of beautiful spring days to see it as a picture of cherry blossoms. See shine from the right side, put blue clear sky on the background, and touch small pink petals with your heart, please.

Now this photo is completed.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but suddenly I want to drink sake. Were did I put my Ozeki One-Cup???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ought to do it, Bob!
    Ozaki One-cup makes my picture completed, even more!!

    ReplyDelete

にほんごコメントもいけまっせ!